SET is envisaged to be a leading technology developer through its distinguished research in sustainable energy technologies to meet the future energy challenges of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The program is a joint effort of various departments across the College of Engineering & the College of Science at King Saud University.
With the technology development as a guiding principle of the program, our research encompasses almost all the sustainable energy sources i.e. Solar, Wind, Geothermal, Biomass, Hydrogen and Nuclear in addition to Desalination as a key beneficiary of renewable sources . To further strengthen our efforts, we offer Graduate Studies & Training in these fields. The multidisciplinary nature based on KSU’s core, coupled with leading research efforts in energy, enables us to provide an ideal platform for graduate studies in order to fulfill the Kingdom’s need of experts in sustainable energy for the next generation
Regional pilot program in the field of Sustainable Energy Technologies.
Developing sustainable energy technologies through distinguished research, aligned with the national economy strategies.
- Conducting the state of the art research in the field of sustainable energy technologies.
- Developing innovative sustainable energy technologies in alignment with the national strategic plans.
- Enriching the scientific knowledge and technical skills through education & training to bring forth qualified manpower in the areas of sustainable energy to meet the national needs.
- Collaborating with the industrial sector and the research community worldwide to provide technical support and consultation in sustainable energy development projects.
- Enhancing public awareness to promote the culture of clean and sustainable energy.