Prof. Alhumaizi is working now as the Vice-Rector for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research for, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
1. Ph. D. – Chemical Engineering, University of Minnesota, Minnesota, U.S.A, 1994, Thesis Title : “Dynamics of an autocatalytic reaction in a membrane Reactor”
2. M.S. - Chemical Engineering, University of Minnesota, Minnesota, U.S.A, 1990, Thesis Title : “ Feedback control of a countercurrent moving bed reactor”
3. B.S. - Chemical Engineering, King Saud University,1986 Saudi Arabia
1. Dean of Scientific Research, 2016-2018
2. Professor and Dean, College of Engineering, 2010-2016
3. Professor and Vice-Dean, Deanship of the Graduate Studies, 2007-2010
4. Professor and Head, Chemical Engineering Department, 2005-2007
5. Associate Professor and Head, Chemical engineering, 2003-2005
6. Assistant Professor, Chemical engineering 1994-2000
Research Interests: chemical and biochemical Processes synthesis, Control, Modeling and Simulation,
Publication and Books: Co-Author of five books, and more than 40 scientific papers.
CONSULTING WORK: Consulted for SABIC company (period 1998-2008) and King Abdulazeez City for Science and Technology (period 2000-2003) in the area of chemical reactors modeling and reaction kinetics, and for Ministry of Higher Education for the period 2006-2010.
PUBLISHED SCIENTIFIC PAPERS
1. Moustafa A. Soliman, Khalid Alhumaizi, Dynamics of a coating film flow on horizontal cylinders with van der Waals forces, Mathematical and Computer Modelling, 06; 57(s 11–12):2984–2997, 2013.
2. Emad Ali, AbdelHamid Ajbar, Khalid Alhumaizi, DYNAMICS OF RECOMBINANT DNA CULTURES UNDER TIME VARYING FEED CONDITIONS, Chemical Engineering Communications - CHEM ENG COMMUN 01/2012; 199(9):1155-1168.
3. Abdelhamid Ajbar, Khalid Alhumaizi, Mustafa Soliman, Modeling and simulations of a reformer used in direct reduction of iron, Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering (Impact Factor: 1.06). 01/2011; 28(12):2242-2249. DOI:10.1007/s11814-011-0122-5
4. M. Al-haj Ali, A. Ajbar, E. Ali, K. Alhumaizi , Study of cyclic operation of RO desalination process, The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering (Impact Factor: 1). 11/2010; 89(2):299 - 303. DOI:10.1002/cjce.20407
5. Abdelhamid Ajbar, Khalid Alhumaizi, Ahmed Ibrahim, Mohammad Asif, Hydrodynamics of gas fluidized beds with mixture of group D and B particles, The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering (Impact Factor: 1). 05/2010; 80(2):281 - 288. DOI:10.1002/cjce.5450800213
6. M. Alhaj Ali, A. Ajbar, E. Ali & K. Alhumaizi, Robust model-base control of a tubular reverse-osmosis desalination unit, Desalination, V.255, 1-3, 31,page 126-136, 2010.
7. M. Alhaj Ali, Emad. Ali A. Ajbar, K. Alhumaizi, Control of molecular weight distribution of polyethylene in gas-phase fluidized bed reactors, Korean J. Chem. Eng.,27(1), 364-372, 2010
8. M. Alhaj Ali, A. Ajbar, E. Ali & K. Alhumaizi, Modeling the Transient Behavior of an Experimental Reverse Osmosis Tubular Membrane”, Desalination, V. 245,pp. 194-204, 2009.
9. K. Alhumaizi & A. Abahusain, Analysis and simulation of cross-flow reactor for ethylene epoxidation, Chemical Product & Process modeling, 2007, Vol.2, Issue 1.
10. K. Alhumaizi, Flux-limiting solution techniques for simulation of reaction diffusion convection system, Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, 2007, Volume 12, Issue 6, p. 953-965.
11. K. Alhumaizi and A. Ajbar “Optimization of An Unstructured First-Order Kinetic Model of Cyclically Operated Bioreactors, Journal of Environmental Engineering, Volume 132, Issue 5, pp453-462, May2006 .
12. Ajbar, K. Alhumazi and M. Asif, “Improvement of the Fluidizability of Cohesive Powders Through Mixing with Small Proportions of Group A Particles”, Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, 2005, V.83, pp 930-943.
13. K. Alhumaizi , E. Ali &A. Ajbar, “Study of Some Unique Features of Ratio-Dependent Models for Predator-Prey-Substrate Interactions In Continuous Cultures”, Chemical Engineering Communication, 2006, Vol.193, No.10,pp1164-1184
14. Jebril B., K. Alhumaizi K, A. Idris, A. Ibrahim, Simulation of turbo-expander for recovering of natural gas liquids from natural gas, Saudi Aramco Journal of Technology, Fall 2005, pp9-14
15. M. A. Rakib and K. I. Alhumaizi, “Modeling of a Fluidized Bed Membrane Reactor for the Steam Reforming of Methane: Advantages of Oxygen Addition for Favorable Hydrogen Production”, Energy& Fuels, 19 (5), 2129 -2139, 2005.
16. K. Alhumaizi “A Moving Collocation method for the Solution of the Transient Convection-Diffusion-Reaction Problems”, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 2006, vol.193, Issue 2, pp 484-496.
17. K. Alhumaizi & A. Ajbar “Dynamics of Predator-Prey Interactions in continuous culture”, Eng. Life. Sci., 2005, 2, No.2.
18. Al-Kinany M.C., B.Y Jebril, S.H. Al-Khowiter, M.A. Al-Dousary, H.M. Al-Megren,, S.M. Al-Zaharni & K. Alhumaizi “ Low temperature transalkylation of o-diethylbenzene with benzene to ethylbenzene using triflic acid as a catalyst”, Chemical engineering and Processing, 44, 2005, 841-846.
19. Soliman M. A. & K. Alhumaizi, “Studies on the method of orthogonal collocation, VI: a moving mollocation method for the solution of transient heat conduction problem”, J. King Saud Univ., Vol. 17, Eng. Sci. (2), 2005, pp213-226.
20. Ali, E. & K. Alhumaizi, “Advanced control strategy for a chemical polymerization reactor”, ICGST International journal on automatic control and System Engineering, V1, Dec. 2004, pp34-55.
21. Alhumaizi K., “Comparison of finite difference methods for the numerical simulation of reacting flow”, Computers and Chemical Engineering, 2004, 28, 1759-1769.
22. Ali, E., K. Alhumaizi and A. Ajbar “Multivariable Control of a Simulated Industrial Gas-Phase Polyethylene Reactor”, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 2003, 42, 2349-2364.
23. Al-Zahrani S. M., M. C. Alkinany, K.I. Alhumaizi, and S. H. Al-Khowaiter “Kinetics and mechanisms of transalkylation and disproportionation of meta-diethylbenzene by triflic acid catalyst” International Journal of Chemical Kinetics, 2003, Volume 35, Issue 11 , Pages 555 – 563,
24. Abashar M.E.E., K.Alhumaizi and A.M. Adris, “Investigation of methane steam reforming in fluidized bed membrane reactors”, Trans IChemE, 2003, Vol.18 251-258.
25. Alhumaizi K. , R. Henda and M. Soliman “Numerical analysis of a reaction-diffusion-convection system”, Computers & Chemical Engineering, Volume 27, Issue 4 , 15 April 2003, Pages 579-594.
26. Henda R. and K. Alhumaizi “Spatiotemporal Patterns in a Two-Dimensional Reaction-Diffusion-Convection system: Effect of Transport Parameters ”Mathematical and Computer Modeling. Volume 36, issue 11-13, pages 1361-1373, 2002.
27. Ajbar A., K. Alhumaizi, A. Ibrahim, and M. Asif, “Hydrodynamics of gas fluidized beds with mixture of group D and B particles”, Canadian J. of Chemical Eng., Vol. 80, 2002, 281-288.
28. Al-Zahrani S. M., M. C. Alkinany, K.I. Alhumaizi, and S. H. Al-Khowaiter “Transalkylation and isomerization of ortho-diethylbenzene with benzene using Trifluoromethanesulphonic acid catalyst: kinetic study”, Chemical Enginnering and Processing, 41, 2002, 321-327.
29. Ajbar, K Alhumaizi and S.S.E.H Elnashaie “Classification of static and dynamic behavior in a fluidized-bed catalytic reactor”, Chemical Engineering Journal, 54, 2001, 503-516.
30. Alhumaizi K., V.M. Akhmedov, S.M. Al-Zahrani and S. H. Al-Khowaiter “ Low temperature hydrocracking of n-heptane over Ni-supported caltalysts: study of global kinetics”, Applied Catalysis, General, 5662, 2001, pp1-10.
31. Ajbar A. and K. Alhumaizi “Gas phase polyethylene reactors: a global study of stability behavior”, Trans. IChemE, Vol.79, Part A, March 2001.
32. Alhumaizi K.and A. E. Abasaeed “ Modeling, Simulation and bifurcation analysis of a mutation autocatalytic reactor”, J. King Saud Univ., Vol. 13, Eng. Sci. (1), 2001.
33. Alhumaizi K. and A. E. Abasaeed “On mutating autocatalytic reactions in a CSTR. Part I. Multiplicity of steady states”, Chemical Engineering Science, 2000.
34. Ajbar A. and K. Alhumaizi “Microbial competition: a study of global branching phenomena”, AICHE Journal, 2000.
35. Ali, E. and Alhumaizi K, “Temperature Control of Ethylene to Butene-1 Dimerization Reactor”, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res.,39, 1320-1329, 2000.
36. Alhumaizi K., “Stability analysis of the ethylene dimerization reactor for selective production of butene1’, Trans. IChemE, Vol.78, 492-498, 2000.
37. Ajbar A., and K. Alhumaizi “ Biodegradation of substitutable substrates in a continuous bioreactor with cell recycle: a study of static bifurcation”, Mathl. Comput. Modelling. V. No. PP. 2000
38. Alhumaizi K.“ Chaotic behavior of an autocatlytic reaction with mutation”, Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, Vol. No., PP. , 2000
39. Alhumaizi K. and M. Soliman “ Studies on the method of orthogonal collocation: V- Multiple steady states in catalyst particles” Journal of King Saud Univesity, Vol. 12, [Engineering Science No.1], pp. , 1999
40. Ali E., K. Alhumaizi, A. Ajbar “Model prediction and robust control of multistage flash (MSF) desalination plants”, Desalination, 121, pp 65-85, 1999.
41. Ali E., A. Ajbar, K. Alhumaizi “Robust control of industrial multistage flash desalination plants”, Desalination, 14/3, pp 65-85, 1997.
42. Alhumaizi K., and S.S.Elnashaie “ Effect of control loop configuration on the bifurcation behavior and gasoline yield of industrial fluid catalytic cracking units”, mathl. Comput. Modelling, Vol.25, No.3, pp37-56, 1997
43. Alhumizi K., and R. Aris “ Chaos in a simple two-phase teactor” Choas, Soliton & Fractals, Vol.4, No.11, pp1985-2014, 1994.
• Alhumaizi K. Numerical methods for convective-dominant flow problems, Paper (AK2), 4th International Conference on Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics (HEFAT2005) Cairo, CD-ROM Publication.
K. Alhumaizi, M. Soliman, S. AlZahrani, A. Almutlaq, M. Motlagh, S. A. Niaz, S. Munawar, Q. Habib and F. A. Dulaijan, Mathematical Modeling and Simulation of DRI Shaft Furnace at HADEED DR Plant
• Idriss A. , A. A. Ibrahim and B.Y. Jibril, K. I. Alhumaizi, “Simulation of natural gas processing for recovery of NGLs”, Petrotech, Bahrain, 2003.
• Henda R. and Alhumaizi K., “Formation of spatiotemporal patterns induced by convection in an autocatalytic system”, 51st Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference, Hlifax, Canada, 2001.
• Alhumaizi K., Henda R., Soliman M., “Dynamics and Stability of a Reaction-diffusion-convection System in a Tubular Reactor” ”, 51st Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference, Hlifax, Canada, 2001.
• Al-Zahrani S, F. Abdulaleem, and K. Alhumaizi, “Recovery of water from exhaust air of the dryig process in red-brick factories”, Fifth Saudi Engineering Conference, Vol.4, Mar 1999.
• K. Alhumaizi, M. Soliman and F. Trabzuni ”Stability analysis of the ethylene dimerization reactor for the selective production of butene-1”, Workshop of Engineering Applications of Polymers, May 2-3, 1999, KFUPM, Dahran, Saudi ARABIA.
• Emad Ali, K. Alhumaizi ”control of an ethylene dimerization reactor using linear and nonlinear controllers”, Workshop of Engineering Applications of Polymers, May 2-3, 1999, KFUPM, Dahran, Saudi ARABIA
• M. Alahmad, F. Abdulaleem, K. Alhumaizi, A.A Alkhodair “The application of flowsheeting approach in wastewater treatment and water reuse”, The Fourth Gulf Water Conference, Bahrain, 1999.
• K. Alhumaizi, M. Soliman and F. Trabzuni ”Dynamic modeling and bifurcation analysis of the ethylene dimerization reactor for the selective production of butene-1”, ISCRE15 (15th International Symposium on Chemical Reaction Engineering), California, U.S.A, 13-16 Sept. 1998.
• K. Alhumaizi “Modeling, simulation and control of multistage flash desalination plants” Fifth IDA International Conference Proceeding, Vol.3, pp111-130, Madrid, 6-9 October, 1997.
• Ajbar, K. Alhumaizi and S.S. Elnashaie “Chaotic behavior of a non isothermal fluidized bed catalytic reactor under conventional PID control” International Conference on Chaos and Fractals in Chemical Engineering, Rome, Sept. 2-6, 1996.
• K. Alhumaizi and S. Elnashaie, “ Control strategies of industrial fluid catalytic cracking units for the production of high octane number gasoline”, The Joint Saudi-Japanese Lecture Series on Biotechnolgy, membrane separation and catalytic processes, KACST, Riyadh, 1995.
• K. Alhumaizi and P. Doutidis, “ Output feedforward/feedback control of nonlinear processes”, AICHE annual meeting, Miami, USA, 1994.
• K. Alhumaizi and R. Aris, “Dynamics of a coupled autocatalytic reaction in a membrane reactor”, AICHE annual meeting, St. Louis, USA, 1993.